The Learning and Teaching Academy was established in 2019 to support the University’s ambition to be Pioneering in Education and to realise the Inspiring Learning vision of the Learning and Teaching Strategy 2019-2025.
Our work is framed by a commitment to building a global community in which excellence in teaching and inspiring learning is recognised, celebrated, shared and applied.
The Learning and Teaching Academy supports this by:
- Delivering a portfolio of development opportunities for colleagues engaged in learning and teaching,
- Opening creative space for exploring and developing innovative approaches to learning and teaching,
- Providing a focal point for celebrating the inspiring teaching that flourishes across the Heriot-Watt community,
- Offering specialist input to learning and teaching developments across the University,
- Facilitating strategically-aligned pedagogic research, scholarship and evaluation.
Meet the team
The Learning and Teaching academy network and programme of activity is facilitated by a small core team, comprising of a Professorial Director, staff with specialist interests in learning and teaching, and programme and project support.
Learning and Teaching Strategy
The priorities of the Learning and Teaching Academy are aligned to the University’s Learning and Teaching Strategy: Inspiring Learning, which sets out the strategic ambitions of Heriot-Watt University for the period to 2025.
This in turn links to the Pioneering in Education strategic themes within the University’s Strategy 2025.
The Learning and Teaching Academy is a community open to all.
Join our mailing list by emailing us to find out about upcoming events.
Share your insights and develop your practice at one of our events using #HWUInspiringLearning