LTA Support for Schools
Specific LTA staff are nominated as the Lead contact for each School and campus. Each of these Leads works globally and can support cross-campus working as well as cross-school and pan-University sharing of practice. In addition, some LTA staff offer tailored support on specific Campuses.
- EGIS: Alex Buckley and Amanda Pate
- EPS: Stella Howden and Rob Daley
- MACS: Rosemarie McIlwhan
- SoSS: Alex Buckley
- TexD: Anne Tierney
- Global College: Rosemarie McIlwhan, Alia Nazor, James Wilson
- Dubai campus: James Wilson
- Malaysia campus: Alia Nazor
- Borders Campus: Anne Tierney
- Orkney Campus: Amanda Pate
- Edinburgh Campus: Stella Howden, Rob Daley, Alex Buckley
What support is available for Schools?
The support available includes:
- Support for School leadership (this includes anyone providing leadership, not just leadership team)
- Support for programme and course leadership
- Support for programme development, review and approval / reapproval
- Collaborating on School learning and teaching plans and projects
- Input to working groups (where relevant)
- Support for individual staff
- Welcome for all staff new to teaching at Heriot-Watt from named School lead
- Advice on developing evidence-based, scholarly learning and teaching projects or activities (being a critical friend / coach)
- Support for dealing with learning and teaching challenges
- Brokering including introducing people, schools, ideas
- Sharing relevant information e.g. conference and events (internal and external), calls for proposals, articles etc.
- Support with school-specific events and networking
- Advise on development of L&T events e.g. potential topics, speakers, themes etc.
- Showcasing and amplifying work in schools and student-facing professional services
- Encouraging people to share their practice e.g. present at conferences, write articles etc.