National Teaching Fellowship Scheme
What is the National Teaching Fellowship Scheme?
The National Teaching Fellowship Scheme (NTFS) is run by Advance HE and aims to recognise, reward and celebrate individuals who have made an outstanding impact on student outcomes and the teaching profession. Achieving a National Teaching Fellowship is widely recognised in higher education as a mark of quality both within the UK and internationally. Award winners join a national community of like-minded professionals who are passionate about teaching excellence.
Who can apply?
Colleagues who can clearly demonstrate having an outstanding impact on student outcomes and the teaching profession are encouraged to apply. HWU can submit up to three nominees. Applicants must be teaching and/or supporting student learning. Staff can be nominated at any stage of their career and can be based at any HWU campus. Applicants must have Fellowship (any category) of the HEA.
What does applying to the Scheme involve?
National Teaching Fellows must demonstrate evidence of:
- Individual excellence: of enhancing and transforming student outcomes and/or the teaching profession, demonstrating impact commensurate with the individual’s context and the opportunities afforded by it.
- Raising the profile of excellence: of supporting colleagues and influencing support for student learning and/or the teaching profession; demonstrating impact and engagement beyond the nominee’s immediate role.
- Developing excellence: of the nominee’s commitment to and impact of ongoing professional development with regard to teaching and learning and/or learning support.
Applicants are required to describe their outstanding impact in relation to each of the award criteria plus an overarching Context Statement. The expression of interest asks for a short version of this. Selected nominees will be required to extend and develop this for their full case.
What is the timeline for submission?
Join one of our HWU NTF Information Meetings to learn more about the application process:
- 28th October 2021 7.30 am UK |11.30am Dubai |3.30 pm Malaysia (join the Teams Meeting here).
- 3rd November 2021 12.30pm UK |4.30pm Dubai| 8.30pm Malaysia (join the Teams Meeting here).
Expressions of Interest submission deadline: 2nd December 2021
- Notification of HWU nominee outcome: w/c 13th December 2021
- Final Submission of full case due from selected Nominees: 24th February 2022
Who can support me in the nomination process?
Further details about the NTF Scheme can be found here.
Download the NTFS 2022 Information Sheet and Expression of Interest Form here.