What is the National Teaching Fellowship Scheme?
The National Teaching Fellowship Scheme (NTFS) is run by Advance HE and aims to recognise, reward and celebrate individuals who have made an outstanding impact on student outcomes and the teaching profession. Achieving a National Teaching Fellowship is widely recognised in higher education as a mark of quality both within the UK and internationally. Award winners join a national community of like-minded professionals who are passionate about teaching excellence.
Who can apply?
Colleagues who can clearly demonstrate having an outstanding impact on student outcomes and the teaching profession are encouraged to apply. HWU can submit up to three nominees. Applicants must be teaching and/or supporting student learning. Staff can be nominated at any stage of their career and can be based at any HWU campus. Applicants must have Fellowship (any category) of the HEA.
What is the timeline for submission?
- HWU NTF Information Meeting:
- 2nd November 2020 8am UK | 12 noon Dubai | 4pm Malaysia
- 3rd November 2020 12 noon UK |4pm Dubai| 8pm Malaysia
- Expressions of Interest submission deadline: 1st December 2020
- Notification of HWU nominee outcome: w/c 7th December 2020
- Final Submission of full case due from selected Nominees: 24th February 2021
Who can support me in the nomination process?
Further details about the NTF Scheme can be found here.
To find out more about the HWU 2021 nomination process and the support available to help with applications download our NTFS 2021 information sheet here.