Heriot-Watt’s campuses are at the heart of our community and campus-based learning is core to the student learning experience. With government restrictions lifting, we can now look forward to a return to campus-based teaching for AY22-23 across all our locations.
To support this our University teaching model for AY22-23 and beyond will be Globally Connected Learning, an approach that empowers teaching teams to make pedagogically-driven decisions about course and assessment design and effectively blend on-campus teaching with online activities, support and resources to create a rich student learning experience.
The Globally Connected Learning Principles are:
- Harness the strengths of our global learning community to inspire students to explore and transform the world around them.
- Make effective use of pedagogies, technologies and learning spaces to build community and inspire active learning.
- Develop assessment that supports learning and is authentic to disciplinary and professional contexts.
- Strengthen collaboration and the sharing of expertise across global teaching teams.
- Place wellbeing, compassion and equity at the heart of learning design and teaching practice.
- Recognise and support diverse learner journeys into and through Heriot-Watt study.