Shaping Learning and Teaching at Heriot-Watt University
March 10 @ 8:00 am – 9:30 am
8am-9.30am UK| 11am-12.30pm Dubai | 3pm-4.30pm Malaysia
Over the past two years, we’ve made rapid changes to how we deliver teaching, support student learning, and collaborate as teaching teams. We’ve also had to consider what we most value in our role as educators and what truly inspires and motivates our students.
While the pace of change was a pandemic necessity, there are developments that we will wish to hold on to, amplify further, or use as a springboard into further innovation.
This session is a chance to pause, reflect and think big about how we wish to shape learning and teaching at Heriot-Watt.
Take the time to step away from immediate pressures of the semester to consider what will be inspiring students and shaping teaching team practice in the years ahead.
· How can we harness the strengths of being a globally-connected university for learners and for teaching teams?
· What will truly enthuse and motivate our students?
· What do we wish to be distinctive about our HWU curriculum?
· How can we make best use of technologies, learning spaces and pedagogic innovations to inspire learning?
· What would it mean to really put wellbeing and care at the heart of our teaching and assessment practice?
Through the session you are invited to share snapshots from your current experience and help shape our future practice in globally-connected learning.
Open to all involved in learning, teaching and student support at HWU.
This event will be held via Teams. The same event will be held on Zoom on 9 March.