Shaping Learning and Teaching at HWU: Building on our RBL Experience
September 30, 2021 @ 10:00 am – 11:30 am
10-11.30am UK | 1pm-2.30pm Dubai | 5pm-6.30pm Malaysia
What teaching and learning at Heriot-Watt looks and feels like is in our hands to shape. Over the coming months, the Learning and Teaching Academy will facilitate a series of conversations to share experience and shape our practice as we step beyond our emergency move to Responsive Blended Learning to a ‘new normal’.
We would like to invite you to a conversation to consider the ‘big questions’ and the practical actions that really bring learning and teaching to life.
Share ideas and practical tips on:
· How we empower students to confidently step in to their chosen occupations and impact positively on the world around them.
· How we authentically weave compassion and kindness into our everyday teaching practice.
· How we make best use of the time we have with our students on campus and in online contexts
· How technologies can support us to create dynamic learning opportunities and ensure learning is accessible and open to all our students.
· How alternative approaches to assessment can enhance student learning.
· How collegiality, care and collaboration are embedded in our teaching team practice.