This event has passed.
Supervision Masterclass: Effective Supervision Meetings with PGT Students
November 16, 2021 @ 9:00 am – 10:30 am
09.00-10.30 UK | 13.00-14.30 Dubai | 17.00-18.30 Malaysia
This 90 minute online interactive workshop is aimed at staff who are already supervising Undergraduate and Postgraduate taught student projects. The workshop will focus on the supervisor-supervisee interactions and provide participants with tools and approaches to ensure that supervision sessions are effective for both the supervisor and the student.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- consider the expectations of both staff and students of supervision meetings,
- learn approaches and tools to ensure effective discussions within supervision meetings,
- explore the benefits and challenges of both individual and group supervision meetings,
- explore approaches that can create a level of peer-support for students,
- gain knowledge to be able to signpost students to other appropriate support available across the University.
Facilitator: Dr Rob Daley
If you have any questions regarding this network then please contact Dr Rob Daley via PGCertTL@hw.ac.uk