Heriot-Watt Learning & Teaching Week 2022
Re-imagining University Education: Possible Futures and Practical Action for Change
June 6, 2022 @ 8:00 am – June 8, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Join us for a series of workshops, lectures, roundtables and tea-break conversations.
- Pause, take a breath and reflect on the past year.
- Connect with colleagues.
- Share practice and experience.
- Be inspired by creative ideas in learning & teaching.
This year our Learning and Teaching Week reflects on our experiences of the last two years and consider how we wish to move forward:
- What do we want to hold on to and develop further from as we step forward from pandemic working, learning and teaching?
- How has our global practice evolved during this challenging time?
- What have we learned about our students lives and how these impact on their learning and engagement?
- How has our teaching evolved to support student learning?
Take the opportunity to explore our recent experiences and share in shaping our future together to enhance teaching and learning across the University.
Contribute to the Programme
As part of the programme of activities we invite Heriot-Watt University staff and students across the University to contribute to the programme. Maybe you would like to give a lightning talk, or a standard conference talk or present a video blog, or maybe you have some other format of activity in mind. Whatever your ideas are, we would welcome your submission.
How to contribute
- Read the L&T week guidance on the different sorts of sessions.
- Submit your conference proposals here no later than Friday May 6th, 4pm UK | 7pm Dubai | 11pm Malaysia.
We look forward to receiving your submission.
If you have any questions about Learning and Teaching Week, then please email us at LTAcademy@hw.ac.uk.
All events will be online via Zoom and presentations will be recorded. We try to ensure our sessions are accessible for everyone attending them and recognise that unfortunately neither Zoom nor Teams is fully accessible for everyone. If you are attending a session and the platform on which it is being hosted is not accessible for you please let us know so that we can make alternative arrangements.
Further information and bookings
Full information is on the Learning and Teaching week 2022 page. The programme and other session information will be accessible there shortly.