Inspiring Student Learning: Rising to the Challenge of RBL
Heriot-Watt Global Learning & Teaching Symposium, 27-29th October 2020
October 27, 2020 @ 8:00 am – October 29, 2020 @ 12:00 pm
You are warmly invited to join this semester’s global learning and teaching symposium, Inspiring Learning: Rising to the Challenge of RBL. This three-part conversation is an opportunity to reflect on an unprecedented period of change and consider practical and pragmatic ways to inspire student learning online and on-campus.
The symposium offers a chance to:
- Connect with colleagues and share your practice.
- Pause, breathe and find new sources of inspiration.
- Explore insights from across the higher education sector.
The events are open to everyone across our Heriot-Watt community. They are scheduled in three parts:
Tuesday 27th October 10am UK | 2pm Dubai | 6pm Malaysia
- Keynote seminar: Getting the Blend Right: Inspiring Student Learning through Blended Learning
- Speaker: Dr Alison Gilmour, University of Greenwich
- Read Dr Alison Gilmour’s biography
- Followed by an informal teabreak chat with Dr Alison Gilmour
- Please register for Alison Gilmour’s keynote here.
Wednesday 28th October: 9.15am UK | 1.15pm Dubai | 5.15pm Malaysia
- Keynote seminar: Engaging learners across place/s, space/s, and time/s: The potential of inquiry-based course designs and dialogic pedagogies
- Speaker: Dr. Susan Bridges, University of Hong Kong
- Read Dr Susan Bridges biography
- Download the abstract for ‘Engaging learners across place/s, space/s, and time/s: The potential of inquiry-based course designs and dialogic pedagogies’
- Followed by an informal teabreak chat with Dr. Susan Bridges
- Please register for Susan Bridges’ keynote here.
Thursday 29th October: 8am UK | 12 noon Dubai | 4pm Malaysia
- Responsive Blended Learning in Action: An opportunity to hear from colleagues across the University about their Responsive Blended Learning practice, and to share your own practice and ideas.
- Followed by themed teabreak conversations to allow you to connect informally with colleagues across the university.
- Please register for the ‘Responsive Blended Learning in Action’ session here.
All keynote events will be held on Microsoft Teams. They will be recorded and made available after the event.